Tuesday, July 17, 2007

THE TWINS HAVE ARRIVED!

I knew I was in love the first moment I saw my babies!

Coen Ray Whitney ~ born at 8:34 AM, 6 lbs. 18 in.

Ciena Jade Whitney ~ born at 8:35 AM, 5 lbs. 10 oz. 19 in.

They're here! The twins were born five weeks early on July 10, 2007. The day before I had gone in for my regular check up and my OB said I was in "silent" labor and was dialated to a 4 and my water was about to burst! He did not want my water to break at home because with Coen breach it could be dangerous for the twins, so the next day at 6 AM we arrived at the hospital for the C-section. I can't believe it's already been a week! I was discharged on the 4th day and Coen and Ciena are in the Special Care Nursery (nursery for premie's) for a few more days. Coen is the stronger of the two and is doing great with nursing and everything else. Ciena is such a fighter! She was in the NICU the first two days but is now doing fine and trying to keep up with her brother! They are such a blessing and I still can't believe they are really here! So far Coen looks like Chad and Ciena has a lot of me or my side of the family. They are both covered with black hair and are the cutest babies (of course this is coming from the bias opinion of their mom)! I'm just happy the journey has ended with healthy babies and can't wait to get them home with us! Thanks for all of the love and support we have received from family and friends!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy - they are so beautiful!!!! I'm so glad that you and those sweet babies are doing good! There were such a good weight for twins - that is so awesome! I've been following your blog and just think you are the cutest thing ever! I love you tons and I'm so happy for your sweet family! Huge congrats!

Amberli said...

So great! I'm so glad everything went so well. Congratulations! They are beautiful and so big for twins!

Amber said...

amazing!!! It is seriously so incredible. I love the shot of you holding the two of them... Congratulations. They are two beautiful miracles! Love to your family, enjoy!!! The next post I want to see and hear about is what its like feeding and changing and etc. both of them, in particular during the night...

Jen said...

They are so so beautiful, Cathy! I'm glad they'll be home soon!!!

Jen said...

I can't believe it! They are so darling! I am so excited for you guys!

Leah said...

Seriously, so cute. I can't even believe you are a mother of three!! I agree with Amber, I want to hear all about it. And you're totally right, one looks like Chad, and the other like you. Such a fan of the name Coen especially by the way. It was on our list.

Followers

Blog Archive