Sunday, July 01, 2007

No Comments, PLEASE!
Frankly, I am sick of the comments from the general public! I should just wear a shirt that says, "It's Twins and I'm due any day!" I decided there are two different types of people -- those who blurt out "When are you due" as soon as they see me, and others who you know want to ask but they stare and wait for a while until they finally approach me with the questions. Then there are those off the wall comments that I don't know how to react to. The best (or worst) was this man who made an effort to cut in line behind me in the grocery store to comment, "Whoa - you must have been attacked by Bee's" to which I replied, "excuse me?" and he said, "you know, the BIRD'S and the BEE'S!" He thought his own comment was hilarious as he walked off laughing and I just gave a half smile. Another man (notice it's men who make the dumbest comments) stared at Dre and I as we sat in Subway eating our lunch. He finally approached and said, "So I guess your suitcase is in the car." I didn't get it at first, but then just smiled and said, "yep!"

3 comments:

Jenn S. said...

Cathy - so sorry about all of the dumb comments! ugh. I just thought that I would comment here that I think you look *amazing*! And I have seen you in person to know that you are absoultely beautiful and radiant and best of all, you are all belly!

Big hugs!
Jenn Stanworth

Me said...

Hey, I found your blog from a friend of a friend (and so on) and I just wanted to say that you are such a cute pregnant girl!! I didn't look that great with ONE baby! Congratulations on twins, and I hope I'm not a weirdo for posting this- but I know how it feels to be pregnant and sick of people commenting on it! Good luck!

Amber said...

So true! You do look amazing and who can say that carrying two children. None the less, people say STUPID things and while pregnant that is just not acceptable. Its almost over... I can't wait to see them. Keep hanging in there.

Followers

Blog Archive