Sunday, April 15, 2007

CRAZY TEXAS WEATHER!


Friday night we all stayed in because there were tornado warnings and every station was covering the storm that was rolling into Dallas. We get tornado warnings quite often here, but this one seemed to have more hype and there had already been some tornado's touch down in Fort Worth. Dresden was happily playing outside and all was calm when a dark cloud came over the city and the loud sirens started blarring, notifying everyone of the tornado. Chad and I were watching Dre from inside the house and he was looking around trying to figure out what the sirens were for, then all of the sudden a huge bolt of lightning came out of no where followed by a loud crack of thunder and I have never seen his little legs run so fast! Poor little guy, his heart was racing a hundred miles an hour! We locked the doors and turned out the lights and watched to see what would happen next. The wind picked up and next thing I heard was a loud bang towards the back of the house, then another and another... we watched from the window as HUGE hail started pelting our house! It felt like we were under attack! The hail only lasted for a few minutes and was followed by more rain and lightning/thunder. I made Chad go outside and collect some of the hail that had fallen. You can see from the picture above that the hail was the size of golf balls! Dresden is holding his golf ball in his right hand, and the hail ball in the left! It turns out we only caught the tail end of the storm, it did quite a bit of damage further north - but luckily no one was hurt! Sorry to be overly dramatic about the weather -- I guess I haven't been in too many storms before!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stout Family Blog said...

Cath-

That is way scary. Glad to hear you guys are all ok-

Jul

Jaclyn said...

It was crazy, huh? I've lived in TX a long time and I've never seen hail that size. I typically don't get spooked by the tornado warnings, but this one had me worried.

Jill M said...

Ben wanted me to call all weekend, because he watched the weather on the news. K-RAZY. I am glad you had chad home with you at the time. How are you feeling?

Followers

Blog Archive