Thursday, June 28, 2007

DRESDEN FAVORITES
I have been thinking a lot about how lucky I have been to have Dresden to myself the past 2 and a half years. I love our routine and things that we have gotten in the habit of doing during the day- just Dre and I. Although I can't wait for the twins arrival, it makes me sad that he won't be the center of my world anymore as my time will be slit with the babies. For some reason I'm into listing things out lately, so with that here are some of my favorite things I love to do with Dresden.
~My absolute favorite part of the day is in the morning when I hear the pitter patter of little feet coming on the hard wood floors. Next thing I know Dresden has thrown up his Freddie Dog, Blanket, and milk cup and is climbing into bed with me. We cuddle and play for a good 10-15 minutes before getting up to start our day.
~The bear game. This is something I made up and started doing when he was around 1 year old. I will act scared and do a growling noise to get Dresden's attention and then pretend there's a bear coming to get us. Kinda weird, I know, but he thinks it is fun and will run to me and hold on to me tightly. We then run and find a "hiding place" which is usually under some pillows or under the covers on the bed. We laugh and hide there until we decide the coast is clear and the bear has gone back to sleep.
~Meal time. I have always made a big deal out of us sitting down and having meals together. Whenever he eats, I sit next to him and eat too. I do this mostly to get the kid to eat, otherwise he would take one bite and run. It's turned into one of my favorite things mainly because of our conversations we have while eating. He'll bring up the most random things and I always get a good laugh out of something he says during our meals together.
~Dancing. I hate the TV on during the day, so instead I like to play music and every now and then when a good song comes on I'll turn it up and we dance! Sometimes I hold him and sometimes we both just run around, but it's always a lot of fun (although I haven't been dancing too much lately with my heavy belly)!
~Our trips to the mall, pool, parks. I try and get out at least once a day and he makes it so fun. We usually meet friends somewhere and Dre just makes it easy to go anywhere. I know "getting out" is going to be a lot harder in the months to come.
~ Cuddling! Dre has always been a little cuddler and I love that he has not grown out of it! We cuddle before naps and bed and at random times during the day. I truly cherish our cuddle time!
There is so much more, but how do you write out all the things you adore about your child - I could go on and on. The greatest part is I will get to start two more lists of "favorites" with each new baby. Mostly I wanted to have something written out so in the future when I'm having a hard day at home and feel helpless in the chaos of raising 3 small children I can hopefully read this and remind myself why I LOVE being a mom.

2 comments:

KamilahNYC said...

That is so sweet Cathy. Dresden is sooo lucky to have such an amazing and attentive mom. If I have kids one day I will ship them off to you and know they will be completely loved and taken care of. You are such a great example!

Jen said...

So sweet--you're such a fabulous mom. The twins are lucky to be coming to you!!

Followers

Blog Archive