Monday, August 23, 2010

FIRST DAY KINDERGARTEN!!  




I sent my little guy off today for his first day of Kindergarten!!  Isn't he adorable!!  I didn't cry, but definitely felt torn inside-- excited for him and also sad because I'm gonna miss having him by my side all day.  I feel like some of the innocence is lost when they start school!  He's bound to pick up on other kids bad habits, get teased, bullied, and go through all the other stuff that comes with being in school!  It's also a huge mile stone for moving forward, he starts today and who knows how many more years of school he'll have ahead of him (hopefully lots)!  When I walked him to his class he was nervous and sat down at his table and whispered "you'll be back in 3 hours, right"?  Umm, yeah -- didn't have the heart to tell him it's more like 7 hours!  As I'm typing this now the twins are asking me when we can go pick up Dresden so it looks like it's gonna be a long day!

No comments:

Followers